Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking Statement
E P Barrus Ltd is committed to ensuring acts of modern day slavery and human trafficking does not exist within its business and supply chains. The Company acknowledges responsibility to the Modern Slavery Act 2015 and will ensure transparency within the organisation and with suppliers of goods to the organisation. In May 2016 we published our first Modern Slavery Statement, this is our third statement and it sets out the actions we have taken for the financial year ended 30 September 2018.
We are an importer and distributor of engines; developing partnerships with major international companies representing leading brands in the garden machinery, garden tools, marine and industrial engine sectors. We are also recognised worldwide as a leading custom-engine builder supplying direct to original equipment manufacturers.
Our Supply Chain
Our worldwide supply chain consists of:
• Finished Product Core suppliers serviced with distributor agreements
• Finished Product Non-core suppliers
• Consumable suppliers used in bespoke engineering applications
Our policies on slavery and human trafficking
We are committed to ensuring that there is no modern slavery or human trafficking in our supply chain or in any part of our business. Our Anti-slavery statement reflects our commitment to acting ethically and with integrity in all our business relationships and to implementing and enforcing effective systems and controls to ensure slavery and human trafficking is not taking place anywhere in our supply chains.
Due diligence processes for slavery and human trafficking
As part of our initiative to identify and migrate risk-
• We build long standing relationships with core suppliers, serviced with distributor agreements. Conduct and record regular supplier site visits and obtained suppliers own supply chain slavery and human trafficking statements.
• We regularly review, monitor and record non-core suppliers via site visits and vendor selection and assessment processes.
• We regularly review consumable suppliers via vendor selection and assessment process and collect data on their internal policies and procedures.
• We make clear to all suppliers our expectations of business behaviour.
• We have in place systems to encourage the reporting of concerns.
• We are committed to continually improve our processes and controls.
Supplier adherence to our values
We have zero tolerance to slavery and human trafficking. We expect all those in our supply chain to comply with our values.
To ensure a high level of understanding of the risks of modern slavery and human trafficking in our supply chain and our business, we provide training to relevant members of staff. All Directors and Senior Managers have been briefed on the subject.
Our effectiveness in combating slavery and human trafficking
We use the following key performance indicators to measure how effective we have been to ensure that slavery and human trafficking is not taking place in any part of our business or supply chains:
• Completion of audits including site visits and vendor assessment forms by the Managerial team.
• Annual audits and collation of data of vendor assessment forms completed by consumable suppliers.
• Use of labour monitoring and payroll systems.
• Level of communication and personal contact with supply chain to ensure their understanding of, and compliance with, our expectations.
Our actions taken to combating slavery and human trafficking and ongoing commitment
We have carried out regular assessments and supplier site visits on our core and non-core suppliers during this period, we have not experienced any breaches of the supplier code related to modern slavery to date. We understand that we have a responsibility to continue to assess and mitigate the risk of modern slavery throughout our business and supply chains. As part of our ongoing work for the next financial year we will monitor the effectiveness of the actions we have already taken over the past 12 months.
This policy statement will be reviewed annually and published.
Signed on behalf of E P Barrus Ltd:
Please click on the below link to download a signed PDF copy of our statement:-
To view the previous version of this document please click here >
Contact UsMarketing Services Department,
E.P. Barrus Ltd,
VAT Number: GB226662558
Company Registration Number: 148476