Mercury adds V-8 and V-6 outboard engines to its Pro XS line-up
Published on: 31/05/2018
Mercury Marine has announced the launch of multiple new 4.6L V-8 Pro XS outboards from 200hp-300hp and an all-new 3.4L V-6 175hp Pro XS outboard.
These powerful new engines expand Mercury's offering for the competitive boater and represent the next generation of performance outboards. Featuring Adaptive Speed Control, the driver’s desired rpm is maintained regardless of load or condition and the performance-tuned exhaust tone delivers a sound quality that is guaranteed to turn heads, yet is quieter than the competition at cruise and top speed.
“With the introduction of the new range of V-6 and V-8 Pro XS outboards, we now have a complete family of top-performing engines that the sport boater will love,” commented Ben Allen, General Manager of the Marine Leisure Division, E. P. Barrus Ltd.
New V-8 4.6l 200hp – 300hp Pro XS
The new 200hp, 225hp, 250hp and for the first time ever, 300hp V-8 Pro XS outboard engines are quite simply the next generation of sport boating performance. Built on Mercury's new V-8 engine platform, the new 200hp-300hp Pro XS models deliver phenomenal torque from their high-displacement powerheads and superior acceleration due to their quad-cam design and Transient Spark technology.
The new Pro XS models also feature a robust 1.25-inch diameter prop shaft and are available with a next-generation Torque Master gearcase that offers a 1.75:1 gear ratio and low-water pickups on the nosecone for added mounting and trimming flexibility.
During performance testing, the 250hp Pro XS set new standards for high performance, outpacing the leading competitor for heavy load acceleration and faster top speed, all while delivering up to 16 percent better fuel economy at cruise.
New V-6 3.4L 175hp Pro XS
Built on the North American Marine association’s Award winning 3.4L V-6 platform that Mercury introduced in February, the new 175hp Pro XS model upholds the Pro XS hallmark of ultimate performance. Mercury engineered this large displacement engine to deliver higher maximum rpm at full throttle, while retaining the Mercury V-6 platform's light weight and fuel economy.
Additional Intuitive Features
- Digital controls: Standard for 200-300hp Pro XS models.
- Standard Fuel: Both V-8 and V-6 Pro XS deliver peak performance and reliability on regular fuel.
- Advanced Range Optimisation improves cruise-speed fuel efficiency by automatically adjusting fuel delivery so seamlessly the operator won’t feel or hear it.
- Idle Charge battery-management protects against consumers draining batteries while operating multiple electronic devices
- Electronic Oil Level Sensor: Optional electronic oil level sensor automatically alerts operator to low oil level.
- Top Cowl Service Door simplifies routine maintenance with easy oil checks and oil fills without removing the cowl.
- Easy Maintenance: A graphic, hour-based maintenance decal, no-spill oil drain & filter, colour coded maintenance points, and Mercury’s maintenance-free valve-train all make owning the new V-8 and V-6 engines stress free.
- Adaptive Speed Control: Pro XS outboards automatically maintain a desired rpm regardless of changes in load resulting in increased throttle response and a ‘sportier’ feel for the driver.
- Pro Black Accent Panel: personalise your 175hp – 300hp Pro XS outboard with a factory-painted Pro Black accent panel.
Contact UsMarketing Services Department,
E.P. Barrus Ltd,
VAT Number: GB226662558
Company Registration Number: 148476