Notice – Change to Data Protection Law, GDPR
You should read through this Privacy Notice to fully understand the basis upon which we collect your personal data, how we use it, where we store it and to whom it is disclosed.
E.P. Barrus Ltd. is committed to protecting your personal data and right to privacy. We will always keep your personal data safe and comply with applicable data protection legislation in place from time to time.
Your rights/ Your right to know
By law, you have a number of rights when it comes to your personal data.
What does this mean?
1. The right to be informed
You have the right to be provided with clear, transparent and easily understandable information about how we use your personal data and your rights.
|2. The right of access
You have the right to obtain access to your personal data (if we’re processing it), and certain other information (similar to that provided in this Privacy Notice).
3. The right to rectification
|You are entitled to have your personal data corrected if it’s inaccurate or incomplete.|
4. The right to erasure/ Right to be forgotten
This is also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’ and, in simple terms, enables you to request the deletion or removal of your personal data where there’s no compelling reason for us to keep using it.
5. The right to restrict processing
|You have rights to ‘block’ or suppress further use of your personal data. When processing is restricted, we can still store your personal data, but may not use it further. We keep lists of people who have asked for further use of their personal data to be ‘blocked’ to make sure the restriction is respected in future.|
|6. The right to data portability||
You have rights to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different services. For example, if you decide to switch to a new provider, this enables you to move, copy or transfer your information easily between our IT systems and theirs safely and securely, without affecting its usability.
|7. The right to object to processing||You have the right to object to processing for direct marketing (which we do only with your consent) and also to processing which is carried out for the purposes of our legitimate interests.|
8. The right to lodge a complaint
|You have the right to lodge a complaint about the way we handle or process your personal data|
9. The right to withdraw consent
|If you have given your consent to anything we do with your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time (although if you do so, it does not mean that anything we have done with your personal data with your consent up to that point is unlawful). This includes your right to withdraw consent to us using your personal data for marketing purposes.|
Your Right to know
Alternatively, send an email to email@example.com or write to us at E. P. Barrus Ltd, Glen Way, Launton Road, Bicester, Oxfordshire, OX26 4UR and include your full name and postal address.
We will respond to your request within 30 days.
Lawful basis for processing data
Under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) we control and/or process any personal information about you electronically using either of the following lawful basis:
• Consent – The Company will ensure that consent for personal data held will always be freely given, specific, informed and unambiguous. There will be a positive opt-in and consent will not be inferred from silence, pre-ticked boxes or inactivity.
• Legitimate interest – The Company have legitimate reason to keep your data for business purposes.
What data do we collect about you
We collect information on our website users in several ways, including through cookies, registration and emails sent to us via our website. Our information collection includes the following:
- We require registering users of our website and owners registering their products online to provide us with a name, telephone number, email address (if they have one) and postal address
- If you purchase a product through our website we will require you to provide us with the above information plus your payment and delivery details
- Social Media – you may give us information when you participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our website or other associated social media accounts
- You may decide to register for a newsletter which will require you to provide us with a name and email address
- Your enquiry/message
- Demographic information, such as postcode
- Website usage data
- Google Analytics
- IP address (this also helps us block repeated spam)
We may also capture your data at one of our product related shows and events, by information you provide during account set-up or directly to the sales team
How we use your data
- If you purchase a product through our website, we will require you to provide us with the above information plus your payment and delivery details to process your order and manage your account.
- If you send us email messages, you will automatically provide us with your electronic mail address, as well as any other personally identifiable information you include in the text of your message.
- We collect and store from all visitors to our website, whether they actively provide us with information or merely browse our website, the internet protocol (IP) address of the computer they are using, the browser software they use and their operating system, the date and time they access our website, the internet address of the website from which they linked directly to our website. We use this type of information to track website usage, to measure the number of visitors to the different sections of our website and to help us make our website more useful.
- We may perform statistical analyses of user behaviour such as Google Analytics to measure:
o The pages you visit on the site
o How long you spend on each website page
o What you click on while you are visiting the page
We don’t’ collect or store your personal information (for example your name and address) unless you have actively passed it on to us, so this information can’t be used to identify who you are. It is used to measure relative consumer interest in the various area of our website.
- Newsletters. You will have a double opt-in option in order to receive marketing communications from us, including our monthly newsletter.
Unless you have doubled opted-in, we will not add you to our mailing list. We use an email service provider to process your data. Please contact us if you require their data handling and protection practices.
With whom do we share the information we collect?
We share personally identifiable information with companies who are acting as our agents (as long as they agree to use the information for the legitimate business purposes specified by E. P. Barrus Ltd). Our agents include, for example, specialist dealers whom we use to deliver and install our products. We use third parties to fulfil and deliver products to you who require access to your personal information to be able to perform their functions. We may also share personally identifiable information if you have given us permission to do so. We will share your personally identifiable information if required by law to do so. We may disclose statistical information to third parties in aggregate form without revealing any personal details about our users (for example, 50% of our customers buy product parts online). We will not reveal your personal identity in connection with the disclosure of such information.
Links to third party websites
As a service to you, we may provide links to websites operated and controlled by third parties. Those third parties have their own information collection practices. We are not responsible for their information collection practices or for the content of their sites. We encourage you to review carefully the privacy policies of all websites, including those websites which can be accessed from this site.
What kind of security is used to protect your information? (How we store your data)
When you consent to filling in the enquiry form or order your data is stored on the websites database and also emailed to the admin email associated with that form.
All websites owned and operated by E.P. Barrus Ltd. are Hyper Text Transfer Protocol Secure (HTTPS) which means all communications between your browser and the website are encrypted.
As part of the online payment process we use an external payment provider and all communications between our servers and the external payment provider pass over an encrypted connection using SSL (Secure Sockets Layer).
We will report any unlawful data breach of this website’s database or the database(s) of any of our third party data processors to any and all relevant persons and authorities within 72 hours of the breach if it is apparent that personal data stored in an identifiable manner has been stolen.
How long we keep your data for?
We will keep your personal data for as long as you continue to interact with us. If we do not have any interaction with you for two years, we will attempt to contact you to review your data. If we do not hear from you (or if you tell us, at any time, that you wish your data to be removed) then we will delete your personal data from our records.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files stored on your computer when you visit certain web pages. To order products from our e-commerce sites, you need to have cookies enabled. To learn more about managing cookies see the section on Managing Cookies. If you don't wish to enable cookies you will still be able to browse the site for research purposes.
If you would prefer to restrict, block or delete cookies from our e-commerce sites, or any other website, you can use your browser to do this. See 'Managing Cookies'.
These are the main cookies that are used on this site and what they are used for: Google Analytics: We may collect information about your computer, including your IP address, operating system and browser type for system administration and in order to create reports. This is statistical data about our users.
If you don't wish to enable cookies, you will still be able to use the site. However, your shopping experience on the site will be limited to browsing and researching; you will not be able to purchase products from the site.
To enable cookies If you're not sure of the type and version of web browser you use to access the Internet: For PCs: click on 'Help' at the top of your browser window and select the 'About' option For Macs: with the browser window open, click on the Apple menu and select the 'About' option How to check cookies are enabled for PCs
1. Click on 'Tools' at the top of your browser window and select Options Click the 'Under the Hood' tab, locate the 'Privacy' section, and select the 'Content settings' button
2. Now select 'Allow local data to be set'
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click on 'Tools' at the top of your browser window and select 'Internet options' , then click on the 'Privacy' tab
2. Ensure that your Privacy level is set to Medium or below, which will enable cookies in your browser
3. Settings above Medium will disable cookies
1. Click on 'Tools' at the top of your browser window and select Options
2. Then select the Privacy icon
3. Click on Cookies, then select 'allow sites to set cookies'
1. Click on the Cog icon at the top of your browser window and select the 'Preferences' option
2. Click on 'Security', check the option that says 'Block third-party and advertising cookies'
3. Click 'Save'
How to check cookies are enabled for Macs Microsoft Internet
1. Click on 'Explorer' at the top of your browser window and select 'Preferences' options
2. Scroll down until you see 'Cookies' under Receiving Files
3. Select the 'Never Ask' option
Safari on OSX
1. Click on 'Safari' at the top of your browser window and select the 'Preferences' option
2. Click on 'Security' then 'Accept cookies'
3. Select the 'Only from site you navigate to'
Mozilla and Netscape on OSX
1. Click on 'Mozilla' or 'Netscape' at the top of your browser window and select the 'Preferences' option
2. Scroll down until you see cookies under 'Privacy & Security'
3. Select 'Enable cookies for the originating web site only'
1. Click on 'Menu' at the top of your browser window and select 'Settings'
2. Then select 'Preferences', select the 'Advanced' tab
3. Then select 'Accept cookies' option
Doc No 3875
Contact UsMarketing Services Department,
E.P. Barrus Ltd,
VAT Number: GB226662558
Company Registration Number: 148476