- What personally identifiable information do we collect about you?
- What do we do with the information we collect?
- With whom do we share the information we collect?
- What opt out rights and rights to obtain details of the information we hold on you do you have?
- Links to third party websites
- What kind of security is used to protect your information?
We collect information on our website users in several ways, including through cookies, registration and emails sent to us via our website. Our information collection includes the following:
- We require registering users of our website and owners registering their products online to provide us with a name, telephone number, email address (if they have one) and postal address. We may also ask for additional information to assist us with our development of new products.
- If you purchase a product through our website we will require you to provide us with the above information plus your payment and delivery details.
- If you send us email messages, you will automatically provide us with your electronic mail address, as well as any other personally identifiable information you include in the text of your message.
- If you provide email addresses of friends via the ‘email a friend’ this data is automatically collected and held.
- We collect and store from all visitors to our website, whether they actively provide us with information or merely browse our website, the internet protocol (IP) address of the computer they are using, the browser software they use and their operating system, the date and time they access our website, the internet address of the website from which they linked directly to our website. We use this type of information to track website usage, to measure the number of visitors to the different sections of our website and to help us make our website more useful.
- Like most internet websites, we use “cookies,” small files that websites use to store information on your computer. For example, the contents of your entry for a quiz on our website are
With whom do we share the information we collect?
We share personally identifiable information with companies who are acting as our agents (as long as they agree to use the information for the legitimate business purposes specified by E. P. Barrus Ltd). Our agents include, for example, specialist dealers whom we use to deliver and install our products. We may also share personally identifiable information if you have given us permission to do so. Finally, we will share your personally identifiable information if required by law to do so. We may disclose statistical information to third parties in aggregate form without revealing any personal details about our users (for example, 50% of our customers buy product parts online). We will not reveal your personal identity in connection with the disclosure of such information.
What opt out rights and rights to obtain details of the information we hold on you do you have?
If you wish to opt out of being contacted by E. P. Barrus Ltd about our products and services, you may either do so at the time you provide us with your order/contact details, or at any time by
- using the unsubscribe option included in all our promotional email correspondence, or
- sending an email to email@example.com. stating that you do not wish to receive such communications.
We will provide users of our website with details of the contact information that we hold on them upon request within 30 days. To make such a request, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. or write to us at E P Barrus Ltd, Glen Way, Launton Road, Bicester, Oxfordshire, OX26 4UR and include your full name and postal address. If any of the information that you have provided to us changes, for example if you change your e-mail address, name or postal address, please let us know the correct details by an e-mail to email@example.com.
Links to third party websites
As a service to you, we may provide links to websites operated and controlled by third parties. Those third parties have their own information collection practices. We are not responsible for their information collection practices or for the content of their sites. We encourage you to review carefully the privacy policies of all websites, including those websites which can be accessed from this site.
What kind of security is used to protect your information?
What do we do with the information we collect?
We use personal information to provide you with the services and goods you have requested. Unless you have informed us that you do not wish to receive such information, we or our agents may periodically contact you about our products and services. We may perform statistical analyses of user behaviour (for example, by analysing the website usage data gathered passively from all users) in order to measure relative consumer interest in the various areas of our website. These analyses assist us in our product development efforts.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files stored on your computer when you visit certain web pages. To order products from our e-commerce sites, you need to have cookies enabled. To learn more about managing cookies see the section on Managing Cookies. If you don't wish to enable cookies you will still be able to browse the site for research purposes.
If you would prefer to restrict, block or delete cookies from our e-commerce sites, or any other website, you can use your browser to do this. See 'Managing Cookies'.
These are the main cookies that are used on this site and what they are used for: Google Analytics: We may collect information about your computer, including your IP address, operating system and browser type for system administration and in order to create reports. This is statistical data about our users.
If you don't wish to enable cookies, you will still be able to use the site. However, your shopping experience on the site will be limited to browsing and researching; you will not be able to purchase products from the site.
To enable cookies If you're not sure of the type and version of web browser you use to access the Internet: For PCs: click on 'Help' at the top of your browser window and select the 'About' option For Macs: with the browser window open, click on the Apple menu and select the 'About' option How to check cookies are enabled for PCs
1. Click on 'Tools' at the top of your browser window and select Options 2. Click the 'Under the Hood' tab, locate the 'Privacy' section, and select the 'Content settings' button 3. Now select 'Allow local data to be set'
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click on 'Tools' at the top of your browser window and select 'Internet options' , then click on the 'Privacy' tab
2. Ensure that your Privacy level is set to Medium or below, which will enable cookies in your browser
3. Settings above Medium will disable cookies
1. Click on 'Tools' at the top of your browser window and select Options
2. Then select the Privacy icon
3. Click on Cookies, then select 'allow sites to set cookies'
1. Click on the Cog icon at the top of your browser window and select the 'Preferences' option
2. Click on 'Security', check the option that says 'Block third-party and advertising cookies'
3. Click 'Save'
How to check cookies are enabled for Macs Microsoft Internet
1. Click on 'Explorer' at the top of your browser window and select 'Preferences' options
2. Scroll down until you see 'Cookies' under Receiving Files
3. Select the 'Never Ask' option
Safari on OSX
1. Click on 'Safari' at the top of your browser window and select the 'Preferences' option
2. Click on 'Security' then 'Accept cookies'
3. Select the 'Only from site you navigate to'
Mozilla and Netscape on OSX
1. Click on 'Mozilla' or 'Netscape' at the top of your browser window and select the 'Preferences' option
2. Scroll down until you see cookies under 'Privacy & Security'
3. Select 'Enable cookies for the originating web site only'
1. Click on 'Menu' at the top of your browser window and select 'Settings'
2. Then select 'Preferences', select the 'Advanced' tab
3. Then select 'Accept cookies' option
Contact UsMarketing Services Department,
E.P. Barrus Ltd,
VAT Number: GB226662558
Company Registration Number: 148476