Research & Development
A commitment to innovation, creative design and quality build.
Barrus’s commitment to research and development is reflected in the number of patented technologies that it has developed for a range of critical applications. The R&D team works closely with users of equipment to understand their specific requirements and the hostile conditions in which they often have to operate.
The Production team offer a flexible approach to meet the most demanding customers’ requirements. The substantial investment’s made by Barrus has created one of the world’s largest and most modern custom engine-building facilities, allowing Barrus to build products in single units to large volume production runs. Barrus’s test facilities enable delivery of fully tested, run-in and first serviced engines. Barrus can also provide customers with an engine overhaul facility, extending the life of significant capital assets.
Barrus's facilities include:
- Five dynamometers capable of testing diesel engines up to 1600hp, with Europe’s only non-captive sterndrive dyno, a variable down-angle dyno and the world’s only Fabio Buzzi Trimax drive compatible dyno. The dynos can be pre-programmed and are run automatically by computer control for 24/7 operation.
- Two overhead mono-rail production lines capable of taking outboard engines up to 350hp and inboard engines up to 500hp.
- An outboard test cell which can accommodate up to eight 350hp engines with transoms from 15"-30".
- Computer measuring machine (CMM) for Inspection and design purposes.
- Extensive CAD capability and resource.
- A machine shop and welding centre for prototype and low volume manufacture.
- A dedicated engine overhaul area.
- A spray booth with warm air ventilation for superior paint finish.
Contact UsMarketing Services Department,
E.P. Barrus Ltd,
VAT Number: GB226662558
Company Registration Number: 148476